Stanton Chase Re-brands Supply Chain, Logistics & Transportation Practice Group
Due to the growing sophistication of an industry responsible for transporting products to market, Stanton Chase, a global retained executive search firm, has responded by re-branding this important practice group.
The new name is the Supply Chain, Logistics & Transportation Group. The previous name was the Logistics & Transportation Group.
The announcement was made by Juan D. Morales, Global Practice Leader for this practice group and Managing Director of the Miami office of Stanton Chase.
“As one of the major global search firms in this sector, we just felt that the name of our practice discipline should more closely reflect the sophistication of this global industry and the need for the finest senior-level executives to lead these companies,” said Mr Morales, a former executive with DHL Worldwide Express and United Parcel Service of America. “The criteria for these leadership positions have changed and the positions have become much more complex, requiring a wide range of skills that weren’t needed a few short years ago.”
Mr Morales cited the following skills and industry knowledge that these executives must possess:
1. Inter-modal transportation that could involve complex sequences involving trucks, ships, planes, and then trucks. There must be seamless transitions that enhance speed of delivery, while saving money
2. A knowledge of international currencies as well as border treaties, terrorist/piracy hot spots, taxes, regulatory laws, and government issues
3. Security since international shipping frequently involves product movement through dangerous areas. How can these areas be avoided? How can protection be secured for pilots, truck drivers, and crews?
4. Transportation management, another critical element of logistics and supply chain management. This is perhaps the largest single cost and impacts all supply chain activities
5. Negotiations with transporters in other countries and understanding pay scales and impressing upon them the importance of timely deliveries. An understanding of local cultures, religions, and work ethics also come into play when dealing with personnel throughout the world.
search-consult is published by Dillistone Systems, supplier of FileFinder Executive Search software. Dillistone Systems is part of Dillistone Group Plc, as are Voyager Recruitment Software, FCP Internet, supplier of the Evolve Recruitment Software SaaS system and ISV Software, provider of online pre-employment skills testing and training tools.